On March 11, 2019, INVIEW VEHICLE TRIM® CORP petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to require installation of a luminant component, such as reflective conspicuity tape, on each vehicle’s door frame, lower door flange, and window frame sold within the United States.
This “zone of illumination” has the potential to save numerous lives, prevent serious bodily injury, and is cost beneficial.
Let’s make 2019 the year when we protect our family members by ensuring that all opened vehicle doors can be adequately seen by approaching drivers at night!
In the photo provided above, Peter Gold's grandchildren point to areas on the vehicle's doorframe where INVIEW's VEHICLE TRIM® was applied.
Following are a few select comments from prospective car buyers and the general public after seeing the highly reflective INVIEW VEHICLE TRIM® applied to an exhibit vehicle display at the New York International Auto Show.
• “Inview Vehicle Trim should be mandatory and applied to all vehicles. It is a no brainer.”
This brief video features INVIEW VEHICLE TRIM® applied on a driver's side door. The passenger side door does not.
Think about which side you would prefer your loved ones exiting on a busy road at night!
(1) Camouflaged reflective exterior door frame illumination*
(2) High mount door electrical illuminated directional signal
(3) Reflective interior door frame illumination
(4) Reflective lower door edge illumination
(5) Reflective door frame illumination
The time has come to take all opened vehicle doors around the world out of the dark ages and make them a contributor in motor vehicle accident avoidance.